Hello Friends. My name is Jawan Hayes #426663. I have been incarcerated since 2002, I am serving a life sentence for 1st degree murder.I am also a dog trainer inside the facility. I train dogs helping them to get a chance at life.
MDOC Number: 426663
SID Number: 1125227W
Name: JAWAN HAYES
Racial Identification: Black
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 270 lbs.
Date of Birth: June 6, 1981 (39)
Before my incarceration I was attending Mary Grove College and working at a group home. I spent my time with my family caring for my siblings and helping my mother. Growing up in an abusive house watching the women in my life being abused weighed heavy on me, I develop the mindset to protect my mother and sisters and women in general, I carried that with me throughout my teenage years. I accept responsibility for my actions in my crime.
I am a man who does not want to be define by my pass actions. I was 20 years old at the time, I am 39 years old now. I am transformed and matured into an adult who made a promise to my victim and victim family. My life is no longer mine to enjoy, my life belongs to helping others. I am very active inside the facility; I am a member of various civic organizations. I have earned degrees in education, I facilitate class inside the facility 5 days a week teaching men the skills of communication, substance abuse, conflict resolution. I am also the vice president of the National Lifers of America chapter here at this facility
I am very interested in meeting people if you are interested in learning more about me. I can be reached at www.jpay.com.
Just enter select the Michigan as the state and enter my name and number. Jawan Hayes #426663. JPay is an emailing system that we can use. So, I am looking forward to meeting you.Be safe & Blessed. Jawan
I am seeking the following:
* General Advocacy -this would give me an outside voice to be able to advocate on my behalf in regard to transformation.
* Legal Advice- I am always working on legal matters, I am currently waiting on a ruling to raise the age of juvenile lifers.
*Regular Pen Pal-Staying connected to the outside is very vital to my transformation and not becoming institutionalized.
* Occasional Phone Conversations-This is another way of connecting.
* Companionship- is vital in helping one believe that I am still worthy to be care about and someone will allow me to care about them.
* Prayer and Prayer Partner-God must be first in everything, and I have come to learn and understand that Prayer change people and things and most important outcomes. So, I like to pray, and I am seeking prayers.
*Mentorship & Friendship- Meeting new people is always a great thing. One never knows the blessings and doors that can be open